Are you looking to lose weight quickly and safely? If so, there are a few key things you can do to help make sure you reach your weight loss goals.
In this article (and short YouTube video) I’m going to share 4 different tips you can use to burn fat quickly and without any harmful side effects. So, whether you’re looking to shred for a summer beach body or just want to look better in your clothes, these tips will help get the job done fast.
Get adequate quality sleep: Getting a good night’s sleep is important for many reasons. For one, it helps to keep your energy levels up so that you can be productive during the day. But did you know that sleep can also help you to burn fat and lose weight? That’s right – exercise isn’t the only key to weight loss. In fact, getting enough quality sleep is just as important for maintaining a healthy weight. When you’re well-rested, your body is better able to regulate its metabolism and burn calories more effectively. So, if you’re looking to shed a few pounds, make sure you get plenty of rest! Your body will thank you – and so will your waistline.
Cut back on calories. One of the best ways to lose weight is to simply consume fewer calories than you burn. This means eating less and exercising more. To find out how many calories you should be consuming each day, use a calorie calculator, speak with a registered dietitian, or here is a simple and clever way to portion your meals, I call it Nature’s Way:
Using your hand:
- Make a fist, that’s your carbohydrates, such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, or whole wheat pasta.
- Make another fist, that’s your veggies, such as cooked broccoli, cauliflower, or asparagus.
- The palm of your hand, including its thickness, is your protein portion such are chicken breast, lean beef, or white fish.
- The first joint of your thumb to the tip of it represents your portion of fat, such as olive oil, low-fat cheese, olives, or nuts.
Incorporate aerobic exercise into your routine. Aerobic exercise helps you burn more calories and fat, which can lead to weight loss. Try adding 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise to your daily routine. This could include walking, jogging, swimming, or biking. Here is a powerful and effective method I use:
- Using HIIT training (High-Intensity Interval Training), perform 15 minutes of walking, jogging, and running at the end of your strength training sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Perform 30 minutes HIIT cardio training on Wednesdays.
Strength train. In addition to aerobic exercise, strength training is also important for weight loss. Strength training helps build lean muscle mass, which can boost your metabolism and help you burn more calories. Try incorporating two to three days of strength training into your weekly routine. Try this method:
- On alternate days, do 15 minutes of upper and lower body strength training with 15 minutes of cardio at the end of your strength training session. Examples: Mondays and Thursdays: Upper body strength + cardio. Tuesday and Friday: Lower body strength. On Wednesdays, perform 30 minutes HIIT cardio training.
- Keep your rest time between sets to 90 seconds if you are doing active rest, that is resting from your strength set using your rest time to stretch, walk, or jog for 90 seconds. If not, keep your rest time to a maximum of 45 seconds maximum.
By following these tips, you can lose weight quickly and safely!